Center Scholars are an interprofessional community of faculty and staff advancing scholarship around patient safety and quality of care. There is a minimum one year committment and no associated tuition for this program. The next application round will be early summer 2019.
Center Scholars benefit from:
- Mentorship: We match each Center Scholar with a mentor from the Center Executive Committee
- Participation in quality improvement and patient safety projects with other Center Scholars
- Receiving feedback on work
- Research resources (i.e. study design guidance)
- Operational resources (i.e. introductions to UW operational leaders, assistance with grant submissions, etc.)
- Peer support for securing QI-focused grants
Center Scholars are expected to participate in and present at Works in Progress meetings, which although focus on the Scholars' work, are open to the broader Center community. These sessions are generally held the first Monday of every other month from 3-4pm and alternate between Harborview and UW. We advertise these Works in Progress sessions on the Center listserv, so if you're interested please contact Amelia Chappelle to be added to the listserv.