Applications are now closed for the 2020-2021 Certificate Program in Patient Safety and Quality
- Thursday, October 15th, 2020
- Tuesday, December 1st, 2020
- Wednesday, January 20th, 2021
- Thursday, February 25th, 2021
- Tuesday, April 20th, 2021
- Wednesday, May 26th, 2021
Who is eligible?
The Certificate Program in Patient Safety and Quality is open to faculty, trainees, and leaders in nursing, pharmacy, allied health, and institutional quality and safety departments. We are pleased to welcome applicants from any healthcare organization in Western Washington. In addition to learners from the UW Medicine community, our past classes have represented Providence/Swedish, Veterans Affairs, The Seattle Fire Department, and others. This year, we are encouraging senior leaders to identify and send teams of 3-8 participants who are working on a specific improvement project. Teams could be institution-based or unit or department-based and interdisciplinary. If you would like to be sent as part of an improvement team, please contact your local clinical or manager about the opportunity. Applicants applying as an individual and not as part of a leader-identified team should bring their own improvement project to work on throughout the course.
What is the commitment?
Participants devote approximately eight hours per month towards the program (approximately a 0.05 FTE commitment for eight months). This time commitment is comprised of six mandatory full day in-person conferences and project-related work. Senior leaders who are sending teams and individual applicants must confirm that participants can attend all six in-person conferences. These sessions are mandatory- an absence from one session will result in an incomplete course with no certificate issued. Applicants must demonstrate adequate financial support and approved release time.
The 2020-2021 mandatory daylong in-person sessions will be held on October 15, 2020, December 1, 2020, January 20, 2021, February 25, 2021, April 20, 2021, May 26, 2021.
What is the tuition?
Application process and due dates for teams
Application process and due dates for individuals
- Complete the Application Form
- Include your current resume or CV
- Include a letter of support using the provided template (page 6 of the Application Form)
- PDF all documents together into one document
- Submit the PDF containing the complete application, the Letter of Support, and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday, August 12th, 2020.