Registration for the 2022-2023 Certificate Program is now open! Please read the entirety of this page before completing the registration link. Registration will close Wednesday, August 3rd.
Who is eligible?
The Certificate Program in Patient Safety and Quality is open to faculty, trainees, and leaders in nursing, pharmacy, allied health, and institutional quality and safety departments. We are pleased to welcome applicants from any healthcare organization. In addition to learners from the UW Medicine community, our past classes have represented Providence/Swedish, Veterans Affairs, The Seattle Fire Department, and others. We encourage senior leaders to identify and send teams of participants to work on specific mission-critical improvement projects. The optimal size of a team is 3-8 people, and could be institution-based or unit or department-based and interdisciplinary. If you would like to be sent as part of an improvement team, please contact your local clinical or manager about the opportunity.
What is the commitment?
Participants devote approximately eight hours per month towards the program (approximately a 0.05 FTE commitment for eight months). This time commitment is comprised of six mandatory full day in-person conferences and project-related work. Registrants must demonstrate adequate financial support and approved release time. Whether part of a leader-identified team or an individual, all participants need to register individually and bring their own improvement project and committed project mentor. Before registering, please read more information about project scoping and mentorship. In order to receive a certificate at the end of the program, registrants must 1) participate in all 6 daylong sessions and 2) present the results of their quality improvement project in a poster or brief presentation at the end of the program.
The 2022-2023 mandatory daylong in-person sessions are:
Friday, October 28, 2022 | Friday, December 9, 2022 | Monday, January 23, 2023 | Tuesday, March 7, 2023 | Monday, April 17, 2023 | Monday, May 15, 2023
For all local participants: We are planning to hold all six daylong sessions in-person at Seattle Children’s Sandpoint Learning Center, assuming the format abides by COVID safety guidelines.
For participants outside of the Seattle Metro Area or those unable to attend in person: We will be in touch with details about the virtual format.
What is the tuition?
The tuition is $2,097 per person for UW-affiliated and Seattle Children's Hospital participants.
The rate for participants from outside the UW and Seattle Children's Hospital systems is $2,973 (figure includes overhead).
Regardless of which institution a participant is from, all rates are subject to a 15.6% overhead charge if not paying with a UW budget number. Please note that SCH and VA budgets are not considered UW budget numbers and are subject to the overhead charge. Tuition is non-refundable and will be charged by October, 2022. Tuition must be paid before being enrolled in the course.
What are the registration process and due dates?
Registration is due by Wednesday, August 3rd. Every individual must complete a full registration form, even if part of a team working on a common improvement project. Registrations must be full and complete by the due date in order to be considered. Before registering, please read through the Project Scoping and Mentor Information.
- Budget number and budget contact for invoicing
- Names of your anticipated project team members if you are participating as part of a team (each individual must complete their own online registration form)
- Brief description of your improvement project, as a Word or PDF document. If you are registering as part of a team, this project description can be the same for all team members. Or, as long as all your team members are listed on each person’s registration, one person on the team may upload the project description for the group. (See the Project Scoping and Mentor Guidelines)
- The name of your project mentor (See the Project Scoping and Mentor Guidelines Document)
- A letter of support from your Department/Unit Supervisor (Use this Template)
- Register via this online registration link: https://uwsom.sjc1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ebRFvmlrQ28Z8d8