There are currently no open applications for PSIP projects.
The clinicians and researchers at UW Medicine have the insight to develop projects that enhance the quality and safety of patient care at UW Medicine, and those projects need guidance and funding. UW sought to tap this insight and support it, creating the Patient Safety Innovations Program (PSIP).
PSIP provides pilot funding and expert guidance to innovative projects that improve patient safety and quality of care, reduce medical-legal expenses, and strengthen the academic environment around patient safety.
Clinicians or researchers who are UW-employed faculty members whose UW Medicine component contributed to the UW Self-Insurance Resolving Fund (Airlift Northwest, Harborview Medical Center, School of Medicine, University of Washington Medical Center, or UW Neighborhood Clinics) are eligible to apply. Grantees will receive technical assistance with both new and currently funded projects.
- A one-time pilot project grant up to $50,000
- Ongoing technical assistance and academic support
- Access to clinical experts to help the project succeed
Past Proposal Window
Areas to Address
Projects must address one or more of the following areas:
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Align with UW Medicine priorities in patient safety and quality
- Focus on innovation to improve patient safety rather than ongoing operational programs
- Clearly articulate short and long-term metrics of success
- Involve multiple UW Medicine sites
- Reduce risks for the UW self-insurance program
- Be led by a UW-employed faculty member whose UW Medicine component contributed to the UW Self-Insurance Resolving Fund (Airlift Northwest, Harborview Medical Center, School of Medicine, University of Washington Medical Center, or UW Neighborhood Clinics)
- Show impact on the quality and safety of healthcare at UW Medicine and, if applicable, across multiple campuses at UW
- Focus on innovation to improve patient safety rather than ongoing operations
- Involve a UW Medicine Clinical site; priority will be given to projects that involve multiple UW Medicine sites
- Be a maximum of 18-months in length
- Have a maximum budget of $50,000 in direct costs and a high likelihood of securing external funding at the close of the PSIP year (one-time purchases of equipment designed to enhance patient safety will also be considered)
- Clearly articulate short and long term metrics of success
- Include an evaluation plan
- Include a sustainability plan
Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.