Skip to main content
Center for Scholarship in Patient Care Quality and Safety
National and International Resources
- Boyer EL. The Scholarship of Teaching: from Scholarship Reconsidered: Priorities of the Professoriate. Coll Teach 1991;39(1):11-13.
- Davidoff F, Batalden P, Stevens D, Ogrinc G, Mooney S. Publication Guidelines for Improvement Studies in Health Care: Evolution of the SQUIRE Project. Ann Int Med. 2008;149:670-76.
- Glassick CE, Huber MT, Maeroff GI, Boyer EL. Scholarship Assessed: Evaluation of the Professoriate San Francisco: Jossey-Bass; 1997.
- Goldmann D. Ten tips for incorporating scientific quality improvement into everyday work. BMJ Qual Saf. 2011;20:i169-i72.
- Hully, SB, Cummings SR, Brownder WS, Grady DG, Newman TB. Designing Clinical Research. LWW; Fourth edition (July 2, 2013).
- Langley GJ, Moen R, Nolan KM, Nolan TW, Norman CL, Provost LP. The Improvement Guide. Jossey-Bass. Second edition (April 20, 2009).
- Pena A. Journal Venues for Safety and Quality Improvement Publications. SGIM Forum. 2011;34(8):10.
- Speroff T. Study designs for PDSA QI Research. Q Manage Health Care. 2004;13.17-32.
- Staiger TO. Capsule Commentary on Stephens et al., Who Needs Inpatient Detox? J Gen Med. 2014;29:647.
- Staiger TO, Mills LM, Wong BM, Levinson W, Bremner WJ, Schleyer AM. Recognizing Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Activities in Academic Promotion in Departments of Medicine: Innovative Language in Promotion Criteria. Am J Med. 2016 Jan 29.
- Stevens JR, Liles EA, Dancel R, Gilchrist M, Kirsch J, DeWalt DA. Who Needs Inpatient Detox? Development and Implementation of a Hopsitalis Protocol for the Evaluation of Patients for Alcohol Detoxification. J Gen Intern Med. 2014;29:587-93.
- Taylor BB. Documenting quality improvement and patient safety efforts: The Quality Portfolio. A statement from the Academic Hospitalist Taskforce. J Gen Intern Med. 2013; 29(1):214-218.
- Taylor M, McNicholas C, Nicolay C, Darzi A, Bell D, Reed J. Systematic review of the application of the plan-do-study-act method to improve quality in healthcare. BMJ Qual Saf. 2014;23:290-8.
- Wong CJ, White AA, Merel SE, Brock DM, Staiger TO. A Cross-Sectional Analysis of Publication Types in Quality Improvement Journals. Am J Med Qual. 2015 Mar 9. pii: 1062860615575547 Epub ahead of print.